You can set any NFTs (including animated gifs!) you own in your Dapper Wallet as your avatar. This will appear in places that show an avatar including on your Dapper Wallet, NBA Top Shot, NFL ALL DAY, and LaLiga Golazos.
How to Set an Owned NFT as Your Avatar
To set already owned NFTs as your avatar, you can head over to your Dapper Wallet and then select Inventory on the left-hand side of the menu. Your Inventory will show you all the NFTs you currently own in your Dapper Wallet.
Once you're in your Inventory, select the NFT that you wish to display as your avatar. After selecting the NFT that you want to use, you will see a Use as avatar button below the NFT image which you will click on to change your avatar.
It may take a few moments for the system to update but once completed, the NFT that you have selected will say Current avatar. You may need to log out of your account and back in for the changes to reflect on all platforms.
Please note: If you no longer own the NFT that is your current avatar, your avatar will update to a default avatar until you change it again
Creating an Animated GIF
There are several ways to create an animated GIF to personalize your avatar, however, the following steps will include creating your own animated GIF using Giphy. For more detailed instructions, you can head to Giphy's support page here.
- Head to Giphy.com
- You can use the website to search for GIFs that have already been created or upload your own media to create a GIF. Since we'll be creating our own animated GIF, you will need to sign up for an account or log in in order to upload your own media. You can do so by clicking on the Log In button in the top right corner.
- Once you've logged in to your account, you can click on the Create button in the top right of the page.
- From here you will be able to either upload a file you have saved on your computer or input a URL from a compatible website.
- On the next page, you'll be able to pick a segment from your file to turn into a GIF (the max length is 30s) and decorate it if you wish to. When you're ready, you can upload your GIF.
- After your GIF has been uploaded, you'll be taken to view it on your profile and that is where you can Right-Click and Save Image As to your computer.
- That's it! You can then take your animated GIF and use it to personalize your avatar by following the steps below.
Personalizing Your Avatar Using FLOAT NFTs
You can use FLOAT NFTs to make your avatar unique, by uploading your own images including animated GIFs! First, you'll need to head over to the FLOAT page here. Click on the Connect Wallet button and select the wallet of your choice to get started.
Once your wallet has been successfully connected, on the homepage, you'll be able to click on the Create an Event button.
Complete the form to add details about the FLOAT NFT including name, URL (this is optional), description and an image. If you're feeling extra creative, you can also upload an animated GIF instead of an image to make your profile special!
You'll also be asked to set the parameters for your FLOAT NFT if you'd like to keep it private or if you'd like to share this with friends but keep in mind, some options can be changed later while others can't. Once you've completed the form, you can click on the Create FLOAT button.
Once your FLOAT has been created you will see Event created successfully.
Select your wallet in the top right-hand corner and then click on your Events tab. You'll be able to see your recently created FLOAT there.
After you click on your FLOAT, you'll be able to scroll down and select the Claim this FLOAT button.
Your FLOAT will then be available in your Dapper Wallet inventory where you can then set it as your avatar following the instructions above.